Christie Megill is a middle grade fiction writer. She has been writing stories since first grade, before she was a middle grade reader herself.
In some form or another, her life has always revolved around books and stories. She majored in English Literature at Fordham University, worked as a bookseller at Borders after college, was an editorial assistant at an academic press in New York City, became an early elementary school teacher in the Pacific Northwest, and now writes books for kids while homeschooling her young children.
In addition to children’s fiction, Christie writes short stories for adults and essays on topics such as motherhood, homeschooling, and progressive education.
When she isn’t writing, she spends her time baking butter-laden desserts, hiking through the woods, and practicing her tree pose with the forest fairies.
Facts About Christie
- Christie once lived down the street from a chocolate factory. She has also lived on an island, on a farm, and is planning to someday dwell in a tree house.
- She owns a copy of every Baby-sitter’s Club paperback book.
- Cats are her favorite animal.
- Cross-country running was her high school sport.
- In middle school, she collected cookie cutters, Breyer horses, and quotes from scary movies.
- Christie still has her middle school diary and occasionally, she re-reads it.